La Plata, MD 20646
Spring Dell Center is dedicated to assisting individuals with disabilities in achieving their highest level of independence by providing support and employment opportunities for the quality of life they desire within their community. Our employees are responsible for providing the highest quality of individualized services. Our ultimate goal is to promote full community integration for individuals with disabilities.
Job Type: Full Time and Part Time
Available Location: Spring Dell Center, La Plata, MD
Responsibilities and Duties
Residential Counselor needed to support and assist four individuals who enjoy music, swimming, shopping and traveling. Applicant must be flexible, interested in assisting the individuals with daily living skills, and willing to assist with medical appointments. The person we are looking for must be creative, organized, have the ability to search for outings and activities. Must be motivated, caring and compassionate, possess a positive attitude and have the ability to problem solve.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Implementing goals
- Monitoring/documenting progress
- Assisting with personalized plans
- Administer medications
- Assisting individuals in their home with daily living skills i.e. personal care, meal preparation, maintaining a clean and safe home environment, money skills, planning and coordinating outings, and shopping.
- Supporting individual in their community activities.
Qualifications and Skills
- Ability to lift 50 lbs.
- 2 years driving experience
- Clean driving record
- High School diploma or GED
- CNA Preferred
- Must be able to pass the Medication Administration Class
Benefits and Perks
- Paid Training
- Paid Travel Expenses
- Paid Holidays (10)
- Health Insurance
- 403b Retirement Plan
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Free $10,000 Life Insurance/Accidental Death and Dismemberment
- Workmen’s Compensation
- Direct Deposit
- Annual Leave
- Sick Leave
- Military Leave
- Jury Duty Leave
- Bereavement Leave
Spring Dell Center is an equal opportunity employer promoting a drug-free, smoke-free workplace.